Elle/LadyHardcore's Blog. No faces allowed.

Jul 9, 2010

HOLY SHIT IT'S ON FIRE!

I think that's the quote of the day. It's good to know what my neighbours are just as attentive as I am too, it makes me feel a bit more secure.. but holy shit did my heart ever race when I saw that smoke. I'm just glad it started down-pouring intensely shortly after we all noticed the smoke - pretty sure without that rain we might be in a different situation.

Let me put it this way:

Lightning + Ravine = Fire
Ravine + Fire = No house in less than 5 minutes.

Thank you to the firefighters who were here so incredibly fast. No word on whether or not it's out yet but I'm not seeing smoke anymore which is a good thing.

I guess we'll find out. Right now = very nervous.

I'll update once we hear anything.

Anyways, now I am sitting here COMPLETELY soaking wet head to toe from the rain. Probably was a stupid thing to go outside in a storm like that but my first thoughts were "Holy Shit", "Call 911!" and "If the fire is close get the animals out now."

Mother nature = one serious bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers