So many of you have showed an interest in wanting to know more about what makes me tick (in comments, on Empire Avenue, etc…). I am completely flattered that many of you actually give a shit! lol
So on twitter a couple of days ago there was a trending topic: #100factsaboutme. I started having a bit of fun with it and got a positive response to several of the facts that I had tweeted about myself, so I figured I would turn this into a blog. Now, I’m honestly not even sure I can come up with 100 facts about myself (this may be a challenge), however you never know until you try!
Many of the things that I am about to post are things that not even my closest friends or family probably know about me, while others might be more obvious. While I am an open book about things going on in my life, I tend to stay away from sharing a lot of about myself in general.
So without further ado, my tell-all - 100 facts about yours truly!
(P.S. If any of you actually read ALL of this I will be very surprised)
1. I was born with bilateral club foot.
2. When I was two my older brother gave me a small keyboard. Shortly after I was playing songs I heard on the radio by ear AND was transposing them into different octaves and keys.
3. I graduated high school early.
4. When I was young my imaginary friend was Peter Pan.
5. My first memory occurred when I was 5 months old. It still freaks my Mom out when I recount it to her. I have many memories from when I was a baby.
6. I learned to walk with casts on both legs that went all the way to my bum. I wasn’t even supposed to crawl. I was a very determined baby.
7. I have 17 Aunts and Uncles (not including their spouses).
8. I literally have HUNDREDS of cousins.
9. I made it past the first few rounds of the first season of Canadian Idol before leaving – they kept us in a hot concrete room with no water for hours at a time and I hated the music anyways so at 11 p.m. on the 2nd night I left.
10. Joe Spring is my sister-in-law’s brother. My family was depicted in the movie they made about his story as we had all been searching for him.
11. I have still yet to see said movie above. D’oh!
12. My younger brother Russell is the male version of me. We have pretty much all the same likes and dislikes. It creeps people out.
13. I have no grandparents. My grandmothers both died when I was young.
14. I hate pancreatic cancer. It has taken the lives of two people who were very dear to me.
15. I keep secrets. Some of the things I know but haven’t said most people would not be able to keep to themselves. I’d rather be trustworthy – it’s something I value dearly.
16. I value loyalty above all other traits in friends. I am fiercely loyal and if you’re going to be a part of my inner circle I expect the same or else that person will not be worth my time.
17. I am actually fairly shy although it may seem to others that I am outgoing. It takes a conscious effort for me to not be in my shell.
18. I would NEVER make the first move with a guy. Way too chickenshit.
19. I have never confessed to liking a guy either. Once again, way too chickenshit. There is only one person who I have ever been comfortable saying it to their face and he is (or at least was) rather special.
20. I care a lot about everybody, even if you’re my worst enemy I still care about you. I actually feel as though it is one of my faults at times.
21. I love animals. I pretty much have a zoo.
22. I get extremely excited when I see a llama. I usually yell "LLAMA LLAMA LLAMA!"
23. I am a bit of a workaholic and I pride myself on my work ethic.
24. I play several instruments (all self taught) including guitar, bass guitar, and piano.
25. I sing.
26. I compose songs and have strong songwriting skills.
27. I will be working on releasing a solo album once my brother is here in Edmonton to help with the house.
28. I am in a band with my younger brother; we are called ‘I am the Culprit’.
29. My old band opened for Social Code several years ago.
30. I’ve was in several small musical theater productions during my teens including Annie, Fiddler on the Roof, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
31. I have lost count of how many bones I’ve broken.
32. I am terrified of spiders.
33. I am also terrified of rivers. I was swept away in a flash flood on a river and if it wasn’t for me and my friends strong swimming abilities we probably would not have survived. The undertow sucked the water shoes right off my feet (those of you who have worn them before would know how powerful it would have to be to do so).
34. I once had my head stuck to my shoulder for a week (ouch) in grade 7 and people still recount to me how hilarious they thought it was (but I sure didn’t) to me to this day.
35. I love the water (minus rivers). My mom swears I’m part fish.
36. I have mad skills on a trampoline. You suckers wish you could flip like me.
37. My childhood cat saved my leg. I had fresh casts put on when I was a baby and the doctor had put them on wrong. I was playing in the backyard with my cat and she bit my toe (on the other foot) so that I’d start crying and my parents would notice me. This is the cat which I would throw down a slide into the pool and would get back out and wait at the top for me. Never scratched, never bit me ever. My leg was already blue. As my Dad put me in the kitchen sink and started ripping my cast off, the cat didn’t want to leave my side.
38. Once I was brought to the emergency room my Dad knocked out said doctor above.
39. I have had THREE sets of front teeth. I lost my two front teeth when I was two so they put in implants, then when I was older I lost the implants playing hockey, and now I have my real permanent front teeth. Hope to never need another set.
40. I hate brussel sprouts and green beans.
41. I love tomatoes! When I was a toddler I would get into the refrigerator and into the tomato drawer and take a bite out of each and every one (much to my mom’s annoyance). I used to (and admittedly still do) eat them whole.
42. Just about every single one of my baby pictures involves a musical instrument, a made up musical instrument, me wearing headphones, or me singing into something.
43. I was obsessed with Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey when I was little.
44. We bought our first VHS in 1993 shortly after my brother was born. The first movie we watched on it was The Bodyguard.
45. My two favorite movies are Dantes Peak and Twister.
46. I am interested in Volcanology, Seismology, and Research Meteorology.
47. My dream vacation would be to go storm chasing.
48. I have a bucket list. It has two things on it: See a volcano erupt, and see a cow picked up by a tornado (it must moo).
49. Mount St. Helens is my favorite place on this planet. When she woke up we drove down there. We parked in the park (as it was too cold to camp) about 5 miles from her crater and felt her rumble all night. It was amazing. I encourage everybody to go visit – absolutely breathtaking.
50. I really really really really really want to visit Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas and Crater Lake in Oregon.
51. I have absolutely no desire to travel overseas. The only place that really peaks my interest is perhaps Australia or Ireland. I love road trips and my ideal vacation is right here exploring my own backyard (or the States).
52. I love camping.
53. I love Hockey. I have loved the Canucks for as long as I can remember. Go Canucks Go!
54. I enjoy going to concerts.
55. I am not afraid of a circle pit. I will fucking kill you.
56. I broke my eyebrow/socket in a mosh pit. I nearly blacked out and was caught by my ex boyfriend at the time (my boyfriend was there but was too pussy to go in). I regained my balance, and continued moshing for the rest of the show. By the end of the last band playing my eye was swollen shut and I was almost unrecognizable. The lead singer whose band was playing when it happened found me after the show and said he had to ‘shake my hand’ because it was ‘hardcore’.
57. I got my nickname (Lady Hardcore) from my friend Brad when I was 14. He said it, it stuck.
58. I never ever wear granny panties.
59. I am interested in psychology and have taken formal courses.
60. I have only lost at Texas Holdem poker twice.
61. I am an incredibly good read of people.
62. I am not a big reader. I do not read any fiction books whatsoever. When I do feel like reading, it’s always non-fiction. You won’t find a single fiction book in my home, rather many text books.
63. I tend to remember useless trivia – facts that I seem to pick up out of nowhere. Many think wtf but I always get picked for jeopardy though.
64. I love DC and Roxy stuff.
65. I have a tonne of Happy Bunny stuff.
66. Skurvy is my favorite Paul Frank character. If I could have Skurvy EVERYTHING I totally would.
67. I have a pirate bedroom. Not kidding. It even includes skull and crossbones curtains and a skull and crossbones mirror.
68. I refer to my trailer as “The Warship”.
69. I really want to own an Old English Sheepdog one day.
70. I would also like to have a Rose Breasted Cockatoo.
71. I absolutely love aquariums however I have a bad track record with fish.
72. My first fish was named ‘Angus the homosexual fish’. He was a male but was pink and purple. I dare not publicly repeat the name of the second fish I owned…
73. I have a plan for my dream company. It will happen one day.
74. You know how doctors tell you the saw they use to cut casts off cannot cut you? They’re lying! I was cut by one of those saws by a doctor. Wish my Dad punched him out too. lol
75. My wisdom tooth that was removed a couple of years ago GREW BACK, much to my displeasure.
76. I used to have my vertical labret pierced – I recently took it out. I do have double lobe piercings, and my anti-tragus, tragus and anti-helix currently pierced. More will come.
77. I still have not gotten my first tattoo. Hopefully this summer I will change that.
78. Nothing pisses me off more than double standards or reverse racism.
79. If you are a hypocrite I will call you out on it.
80. I enjoy canoeing on anything other than a river.
81. I haven’t gone fishing in a long time, however it is something I very much enjoy.
82. I love going caving! Currently I have not done any vertical caves, one day I hope to learn how to properly spelunk with ropes and do some exploration.
83. Coffee flavored ice cream is my favorite.
84. If there isn’t pineapple on a pizza, I’m not interested.
85. I had Indian food for the first time this year. I love it and now make butter chicken regularly.
86. I cannot stand people who lack common sense. I actively avoid them and I do not believe that people who are book smart or good at school are more intelligent than individuals who have common sense. You can have a PhD and still be a dumbass as far as I am concerned.
87. My career aptitude test stated my ideal career would be a Neurosurgeon. While I think that’s awesome and I am fascinated by medicine and the human body I don’t think I have the steady hands that would be required for a job like that. I used to watch ‘The Operation’ while eating dinner though. If things had been different and I had the money and support I have no doubt that I would be on my way to being a doctor (however I am much more interested in trauma than neuro).
88. I love my younger brother more than life itself. If you mess with him I’ll cut you.
89. I am and always will be Daddy’s little girl.
90. I was bullied and abused tremendously during my school years. Some of the things that happened to me while in school (such as getting industrial glue dumped in my hair, a kid being paid to break my arm intentionally, my bike brakes being tampered with so they stopped working and I got seriously hurt, being held down and my casted arm being put into a portable door and them slamming the door on it, etc…) were completely negligent and should have never, ever been allowed to happen. I wonder how some of these children can live with themselves to this day.
91. I believe the horrors I faced in school during my childhood made me the strong person I am today; however, if any one of the people who did these things to me crossed my path I couldn’t guarantee they would make it to the other side. LOL. (I would never condone violence but they would get an earful that’s for sure.)
92. I only spent two weeks in Kindergarten. (I was pulled out and put into the next grade – the beginning of my school nightmare).
93. I dislike when people don’t use capitals and punctuation on the internet. I don’t expect to see perfect English all the time; however, I also don’t think you should present yourself to the world as a bloody illiterate invalid.
94. I do believe you can FEEL THE WRATH OF MY CAPITAL LETTERS! Hahaha.
95. My dream in life is and always will be to become a successful musician.
96. I have never traveled further East than Quebec, or further South than Salem, Oregon. I would love to visit Nova Scotia.
97. I collect elephants.
98. I really want to own a big, awesome, and totally out there styled house one day.
99. I got 99 problems but a bitch ain’t one. LOL (Okay, I’m running out and this got really hard after number 30.) Ummmm… I would rather be crazy busy at work than bored or not have enough to do.
100. FINALLY. If you read to this point, I should probably check for you in my closet or front bushes. Last but not least: I am not a star crazy girl, and I tend to not get boy crazy either; however, I would marry Spencer Chamberlain on the drop of a dime.
Anyways, I would love to hear some interesting facts about all of you, so you should give me 10 good ones in the comments.
Elle/LadyHardcore's Blog. No faces allowed.
- ▼ March (8)